Customer Care Specialist
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
BookNook is a comprehensive literacy intervention program, providing instruction through a synchronous teaching and learning platform, standards-aligned curriculum and tutoring services. Since 2016, BookNook has served more than 500 school districts and non-profit partners across 40 states. A 2022 research study with the Consortium for Policy Research in Education suggests a clear link between high-impact tutoring with BookNook and literacy scores. BookNook is committed to bridging the literacy opportunity gap by scaling technology innovation to reach students through its network of experienced and vetted tutors. For more information, visit https://www.booknook.com.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Care, we are seeking a highly motivated and organized Customer Care Specialist to provide Tier 2 support for BookNook, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our software-as-a-service (SaaS) learning platform and tutoring services. You will assist with customer onboarding when needed along with providing advanced technical support to clients, addressing complex issues. Your deep understanding of our technology and excellent communication skills will contribute to our goal of delivering a seamless and effective educational experience to our users.
- Advanced Technical Support: Respond to and resolve complex technical inquiries from clients via various channels (email, chat, phone) in a timely and professional manner. Diagnose software, hardware, and network issues, guiding users through troubleshooting steps and providing clear explanations. Comfortable with data analysis with spreadsheets, detailed roster management, pivot tables and formulas.
- Issue Escalation and Resolution: Collaborate with Tier 1 support to escalate and track issues that require higher-level expertise. Analyze and replicate reported issues to identify root causes, trends of issues, and develop effective solutions. Work with our Tutoring services team to diagnose and resolve Tutor issues
- Implementation Assistance: Assist clients with the setup and configuration of our Ed Tech learning to ensure a smooth onboarding process. For selected BookNook customers: manage the roster change request process for student schedule changes through BookNook Tutor scheduling system; Communicate and manage the change request process with our BookNook product integration team when student roster changes require modifications in BookNook learning platform. Provide guidance on integrating our SaaS platform with existing systems, ensuring compatibility and optimal performance. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve underlying technical issues. Collaborate with our Implementation Specialist to provide back-end onboarding assistance for customers. Meet with customers to understand their onboarding needs and requirements. Assist in managing customer expectations and communication during the onboarding process.
- Documentation and Knowledge Base: Create and maintain detailed documentation, including troubleshooting guides and best practices. Share insights and technical expertise with the wider support, customer success and implementation teams. Contribute to the development of knowledge base articles and user guides to improve self-service support options for customers.
- Collaboration and Communication: Liaise with the development and product teams to communicate client feedback, feature requests, and potential bugs. Collaborate with colleagues to improve the overall support process and client experience. Work strategically with Customer Success team members to support enterprise customers.
- Quality Assurance: Participate in testing and quality assurance efforts for software updates and new features before they are rolled out to clients.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements in the ed tech industry to provide relevant and accurate support. Attend training sessions and workshops to improve technical skills and customer service proficiency.
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of proven experience in technical support or customer service roles, with a focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Familiarity with educational technology, SaaS platforms, and online tutoring systems is a strong plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex issues systematically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Detail-oriented with a dedication to delivering high-quality support and serviceAbility to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adaptability to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologiesExperience with programming languages, APIs, and system integrations is advantageous
- Strong technical background with the ability to troubleshoot complex software issues and assist in implementation tasks
- Proficiency in using support ticketing systems, customer relationship management (CRM) tools, and remote support tools
- Familiarity with education-related technologies, learning management systems (LMS), and online tutoring platforms is a plus
- Problem-solving mindset, adaptability to fast-paced environments, and a commitment to continuous learning
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and typing on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Travel >10%
- Ability to work Pacific Time Zone working hours
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary: For this role, the salary range is $60,000-65,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the continental US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, and one company-wide week off.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $130 monthly stipend for home expenses.
Don’t check off every box in the requirements listed above? Please apply anyway! Studies have shown that marginalized communities - such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color - are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. BookNook is dedicated to building an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible workplace that fosters a sense of belonging – so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still consider submitting an application. You may be just the right candidate for this role or another one of our openings!
Since 2016, we have served more than 500 school districts and non-profit partners across 40 states. Join our team of innovators who share a commitment to provide equitable access to rigorous and engaging instruction. Our employees make an impact on students' lives by providing a synchronous online learning platform designed to enhance academic achievement through small-group reading instruction and online tutoring.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BookNook does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. This position description is not all inclusive for every aspect of this role. Reasonable accommodation will be made for individuals covered by ADA, ADEA, FMLA and other laws and regulations in accordance with their requirements. Physical and mental demands are not and should not be construed to be job qualification standards, but are illustrated to help the employer, employee and/or applicant identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may need to be made when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job’s essential duties because of an ADA disability. Other qualifications may be required to ensure employment eligibility in accordance with local laws and regulations and with BookNook, Inc. policies and practices.If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at HR@BookNook.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.