Our mission at K4Connect is to create solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing their lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsible system. Essential to this commitment of service is our promise of impeccable and dependable support for those we serve and their loved ones.
To provide this level of outstanding service, we are seeking a talented and committed Systems Engineer to support our internal teams. Through timely response to escalated issues, technical troubleshooting, and system monitoring, this engineer will help us better serve our clients as we work to make their lives Simpler, Healthier and Happier. Ideal candidates for this position will dedicate themselves to developing a thorough understanding of our technical systems and being the go-to person for internal technical questions from our Sales, Operations, and Member Success teams, while being the liaison to the Engineering team. This position directly contributes to our promise of bringing technology leadership and expertise to senior living in a way that no other technology vendor can.
About the Position:
- Support the first and second line Member Success Advocates to resolve issues acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
- Proactively monitor and reactively troubleshoot deployed systems and IoT devices focusing on uptime, performance, and ensuring any necessary action is taken
- Provide data and reports to assist Member Success and Engineering teams in problem identification and resolution.
- Act as liaison between Member Success team and Engineering teams.
- Provide support for Operations team on technical issues faced in the field during installs and otherwise
- Create and document standard operating procedures to encourage consistent service
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to ensure that support infrastructure meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in on call rotation as required
- BS in Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent industry certifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field
- Significant experience troubleshooting and debugging on Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable ability to perform database queries, including joins, across multiple DBMSs (Postgres, SQL)
- Network diagnostics skills (Wifi, TCP, SSH, telnet)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, EC2)
- Wide experience with systems integration
- Experience supporting operations staff in the field
- Passion for serving others through providing reactive and proactive support
- Strong inclination toward problem solving, research, and learning
- Organized and thorough, pays attention to details
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A loathing of outstanding To Dos.
- Quick learner, able to come up speed on multiple technologies quickly
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in-home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives, while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Unlimited Vacation Plan
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.