Refiberd is on a mission to create a circular economy for the fashion industry. Every year, 93 billion tons of textile waste are generated, and less than 1% of that is recycled into new clothing. Refiberd is tackling the textile waste crisis with our novel machine learning and spectroscopy-based sorting system that processes and sorts textile waste for different recycling streams. By being able to accurately sort textile waste, we can maximize the amount of textile waste that gets recycled and unlock circularity for the fashion industry.
Our workplace culture at Refiberd is supportive, collaborative, and mission-driven. We prioritize work-life balance, flexibility, and autonomy, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in everything we do, and we're not afraid to tackle tough challenges like climate change and fast fashion. If you're looking for a venture-backed startup where you can grow, make a difference, and be part of a team that is passionate about creating a better future for all, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Software Engineer at Refiberd, you will design and implement cloud infrastructure, manage data storage, and create a user-friendly UI for our sorting system. Additionally, you'll integrate hardware components with cloud services, collaborate with data and machine learning teams, and ensure system performance and reliability in various operating environments. Join us if you have expertise in software development and cloud computing and are dedicated to supporting our mission.
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure to support the deployed sorting system
- Develop and manage data storage solutions and machine learning pipelines
- Create a user-friendly UI for system control, data display and user tracking
- Integrate and manage hardware components with cloud services
- Collaborate with the data and machine learning teams to integrate cloud services
- Ensure high availability, scalability, and performance of the system
- Monitor and optimize cloud resources to enhance efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Optimize system performance and reliability in various operating environments
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in Python
- 2+ years of industry experience with cloud services (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (IaC) tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong knowledge of data storage solutions and databases (e.g., Amazon S3)
- UI/UX design and development skills (e.g., React, Angular)
- CI/CD experience (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab)
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Performance optimization and troubleshooting, including monitoring tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana)
- Integration of hardware components with cloud services (e.g. AWS IoT, MQTT)
- Effective collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, leadership, and the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities
Refiberd is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.