Application Support Engineer
UtilityAPI is a mission-driven software company fighting climate change by providing data access services for the clean energy transition.
UtilityAPI’s product suite makes it easy for utility customers to access and share the data needed to deploy clean energy. Our automated software service reliably shortens sales cycles, lowers customer acquisition costs, accelerates the adoption of clean technology - all of which lower GHG emissions. In short, we are making software to fight climate change.
We raised a Series A in 2022 and are excited to be investing in our growth this year. We are a company committed to advancing equity in the clean energy sector, and building a team that looks like America. Our CEO founded the Empowering Diverse Climate Talent (EDICT) program and our leadership team reflects a broad range of experiences, identities, and backgrounds.
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented and underestimated in tech. We look forward to reviewing all applications from any interested candidate, even if you do not meet all the listed requirements. UtilityAPI is committed to an inclusive workplace that values non-traditional work histories.
About The Role
Our Application Support team is growing! We are excited to add two Application Support (AppSupport) Engineers to our current team of 3. Reporting to the AppSupport Manager, this role’s primary responsibility is to help our customer support team with diagnosing and resolving customer issues. This is a flexible and largely independent role and there is no expectation of on-call or other responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
What You’ll Do
- Assist Customer Support in diagnosing and at times, prioritizing urgency of reported customer issues, and providing customers with technically accurate and easily-understood updates and timelines
- Resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely fashion, either by making small fixes yourself, or by triaging and escalating issues to the appropriate owning teams. Small fixes include:
- Data processing breakages introduced by changes in utility web pages or bill formats
- Bug fixes that can be done in 1-3 hours
- Common maintenance tasks on our products and services that are documented in playbooks
- Work autonomously - select what you’d like to work on off of the queue - so long as the issues queue is decreasing in size and high priority issues are handled within SLA.
What We’re Looking For
- Previous experience (could be self-directed projects or a coding bootcamp) with Python, including solid understanding of regular expressions
- Previous experience in a technical or technical-adjacent support role
- Previous experience analyzing tickets, reports, or issues submitted to any kind of queue or backlog
- Solutions forward mindset; genuine affinity for following through and resolving customer issues
- Sees problems as opportunities to delight our customers through transparent, positive, and consistent communication
- Proficiency with internal tools and systems that support the working remotely element of this role possible: Google Suite, Slack, Gitlab, Jira
- Base salary $60,000-$80,000
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance:
- Medical premium covered at 99% for employee, 75% for dependents
- Dental premium covered at 100% for employee, 75% for dependents
- Vision premium covered at 90% for employee, 50% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- 401k with 3% employer match for up to 6% of employee salary
- Home office setup stipend upon joining the team (up to $600)
- Extra Mile Benefit: Travel one time annually to any city in the US where another employee lives, UtilityAPI pays for airfare, a night of lodging, and a meal to share with a coworker
UtilityAPI is a fully remote company. We work from anywhere within the United States and typically during the hours of 9:00-5:00 no matter the timezone. This is also flexible, as we trust our teammates to self-define their schedules in order to get the job done in a way that works best for them.
At this time, we are hiring candidates who reside in the United States and are either a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or the holder of a non-expiring visa that doesn't require sponsorship.