Operations Supervisor (Weekend Night Shift)
Fermentation Supervisor (Weekday Night Shift)
The Fermentation Supervisor will be responsible for leading/supervising the operation of food production activities for Weekday Night shift under the management of the department manager. The supervisor will supervise and lead day-to-day activity including monitoring of all processes, cleaning activities (clean-in-place, steam-in-place), media prep, reactor preparation and maximizing productivity. This person will be responsible for education and training of the associates for all tasks and certifications required. The individual will be leading a team, promoting a safe workplace, driving employee satisfaction and morale and driving a culture of teamwork. Additional responsibility includes data collection and processing troubleshooting. Work at Meati Foods is faced paced and provides an exceptional amount of hands-on experience, responsibilities, and exposure.
- Effective communication and implementation of process changes, safety standards, and “state of the art” hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Supervision of the process & team to meet daily/weekly/annual production goals, output and objectives meeting pre-defined quality criteria, people safety and regulatory compliance requirements
- Provide individual and team training, leadership coaching, motivation of associates
- Key Point of contact and resource for shift information/documentation, people safety, production updates, production strategy, updating/optimizing SOPs, and implementing best practices
- Knowledge of production equipment such as vessels and CIP Sanitation and Steam Sanitation (SIP) equipment.
- Possess the mechanical and technical skills to accomplish the required machine operation, as well as able to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Assemble and break down appropriate hoses and parts configuration depending on the process.
- Correctly, accurately, and safely handle and measure chemicals and cleaning aids for CIP/SIPs.
- Clean and maintain media vessels according to standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and hygienic workspace with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
- Accurate documentation of process information/parameters
- Maintain all quality standards and safety procedures.
- Follow SOP’s to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE
- Motivate, train and teach associates regarding equipment operations, process controls, specifications, documentation etc.
- Strong champion and advocate of people safety, training and quality parameters
- Develop a culture of associate satisfaction and retention
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development and the supervision of the production staff
- Reviews and analyzes production work processes and implements corrective action for operational improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or four years or more experience in a related education/experience
- Experience working in food manufacturing and/or brewing (preferred), or industries such as dairy, pharmaceutical, or chemical
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong teamwork, coaching and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading a production team
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making
- 3 -5 years industrial supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making
- Entrepreneurial spirt and drive needed to work effectively at a high growth company
- Ability to multi-task with a keen attention to details
Must have the endurance to frequently lift and move 10-50 pounds, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, do-a-barrel-roll, bend, talk, hear, see, and operate controls in operational and administrative situations.
12-hour shifts on an alternating 3x4, 4x3 schedule: 3 days on, 4 days off (week 1), 4 days on, 3 days off (week 2). Shifts begin at approximately 6 pm and end at approximately 6:30 am. The exact shift may vary depending on business needs.
The starting salary for this role is $70,000 annually, plus a night shift differential of $4,160. This is one aspect of our total compensation package. In addition to the salary, this position is eligible for a potential annual bonus and equity! Actual compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..